Any successful home sale starts with solid preparation. Here are five tips for readying your home for the market.
Looking for a home? Click here.
Selling a home? Click here.
Your home will soon be on the market, but before that time, there are five critical steps you’ll need to take as part of your preparation.
1. Enhance your curb appeal. You know that feeling when you pull up to a home and you’re struck by its beauty and charm? That’s curb appeal. To create this effect, start by power washing your home’s exterior and driveway. Also, make sure your garbage receptacles are out of sight if possible. You want to evoke an inviting feeling that draws buyers in.
2. Declutter your home. I understand that you might be in the process of moving, but buyers don’t want to see boxes every which way, not to mention that you don’t want to crowd walkways while your home is being shown. It’ll be difficult for buyers to see past all the clutter and envision themselves living in your home, so give them a chance by getting rid of it.
We’ve seen firsthand that homes tend to sell quicker and for a higher price when they’re staged.
3. Clear all odors. Speaking of things that will turn buyers off, if you have pets or a member of your household smokes, make sure to freshen the air. Your home should be odor-free before a buyer sets foot inside.
4. Paint, paint, paint. Adding a fresh coat of paint wherever will make your house look as good as new. I suggest going with an off-white or some other neutral color palette.
5. Stage your home. It’s one more way to make your home appear warm and inviting, and we’ve seen firsthand that homes tend to sell quicker and for a higher price when they’re staged.
If you have any additional questions related to preparing your home for today’s market or there’s a topic you’d like me to cover in the future, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’d be happy to help however I can!